On September 19th, Apple began distributing the official version of iOS 17 to general users. iPhones compatible with the same OS can be updated.
Official version of “iOS 17” now available for general users
iOS 17 lets you add personalized contact posters to your phone app, send audio and video messages with FaceTime, and allows you to exchange contacts by simply holding your iPhones close to each other with NameDrop. New features such as “ will become available.
“iOS 17″ new feature summary.”Standby” which displays information easily while charging, diary application “Journal” etc.
Release notes are below.
- Contact Poster allows you to customize how you appear on other people’s devices when you call them
- iMessage’s Stickers app brings all your stickers in one place, including live stickers, Memoji, Animoji, emoji stickers, and third-party sticker packs.
- With live stickers, you can extract the subject from a photo or video and add effects such as “glitter”, “puffy”, “comic”, and “outline” to create your own photo.
- Arrival Confirmation automatically notifies family and friends when you safely arrive at your destination, and shares helpful information if you’re running late
- You can use the phonetic notation of received audio messages to read them on the spot and listen to them later.
- Improved search functionality allows you to find messages faster by combining search filters such as contacts, keywords, and content types (such as photos and links)
- Swipe the speech bubble to the right to reply to messages inline
- One-time verification code deletion feature automatically removes verification codes from Messages after you auto-enter them into other apps
- When the other person doesn’t answer your FaceTime call, record a video or audio message to say exactly what you want to say.
- You can now enjoy FaceTime calls on Apple TV using your iPhone as a camera (Apple TV 4K 2nd generation or later)
- Use gestures to add 3D effects reactions such as hearts, balloons, and confetti to your surroundings during video calls.
- Adjust studio lighting and portrait mode intensity using video effects
- Provides a full-screen experience with clock, photos, widgets, and more designed to help you see information at a glance from a distance while charging your iPhone horizontally on your nightstand, kitchen counter, or desk.
- Clock can be personalized with different styles such as digital, analog, solar, floating, world clock, accent colors, etc.
- Automatically shuffle your best shots in Photos or view specific albums of your choice
- Widgets give you instant access to information, and smart stack displays provide the right information at the right time.
- Night mode displays clocks, photos, and widgets in red tones when the surroundings are dark
- Priority display for each MagSafe charger remembers clock, photo, and widget display settings for each MagSafe charging location
- Interactive widgets let you tap directly on the home screen, lock screen, or standby widget to perform actions like marking a reminder as complete
- iPhone Widgets on Mac lets you add widgets from your iPhone to your Mac desktop
- With NameDrop, you can exchange contact information with someone you just met by simply bringing your iPhone close to them.
- A new way to start AirDrop that allows you to share content or start a SharePlay session with AirDrop by bringing your iPhone closer
Safari and passwords
- Profiles allow you to browse by theme, such as work or personal, and separate history, cookies, extensions, tab groups, and favorites.
- Private Browsing is enhanced to lock the Private Browsing window when not in use, prevent known trackers from loading, and remove tracking identification from URLs.
- Password and passkey sharing allows you to create groups of passwords and share them with trusted contacts, and updates made by group members are also reflected.
- Auto-fill a one-time verification code from your email into Safari so you can log in without leaving your browser
- Anyone can easily control and play Apple Music in the car using SharePlay
- Crossfade allows the currently playing song to fade out and the next song to fade in, allowing for smooth transitions between songs without interruption.
- Artificial intelligence-powered AirPlay device list sorts relevant devices based on your preferences, making it even easier to find the right AirPlay-enabled TV or speaker.
- AirPlay device connection suggestions appear as advance notifications, allowing you to connect to your preferred AirPlay device more seamlessly
- Automatic AirPlay device connections occur between your iPhone and the most relevant AirPlay-enabled device, so you can simply tap Play to start watching content.
- Adaptive audio offers new listening modes that dynamically blend active noise cancellation and external sound capture modes for a noise control experience tailored to your surroundings (on AirPods Pro with firmware version 6A300 or later) generation))
- Personalized volume adjusts media volume to suit your surroundings and long-term listening preferences (AirPods Pro (2nd generation) with firmware version 6A300 or later)
- Conversation sensing reduces ambient noise while lowering media volume and highlighting the voice of the person in front of you (AirPods Pro (2nd generation) with firmware version 6A300 or later)
- During a call, press the AirPods stem or AirPods Max Digital Crown to mute and unmute the microphone (AirPods (3rd generation), AirPods Pro (1st and 2nd generation), or firmware version 6A300 or later) AirPods Max)
- Offline Maps allows you to download in advance a wealth of information about the places you want to go to, search for, or explore, so you can use them when your iPhone is unable to use Wi-Fi or mobile communication services.
- Improved electric vehicle routes shows routes based on real-time availability of compatible charging stations
Examine the image
- The supported fields of “Search images” have been expanded, allowing users to search for similar recipes from food photos, search for “map” information from store photos, and find out the meanings of signs and symbols such as washing signs. possible to
- You can extract multiple or single subjects from the background of a photo or video and add them to apps such as Messages.
- You can use “Inspect Image” in videos to explore objects in a paused video frame.
- You can use “Inspect Image” on the subject of a photo to check information about the subject extracted from the photo directly from the callout menu.
- When reviewing your “state of mind,” you can record your temporary emotions and daily moods, select the factors that are most affecting you, and check how you feel.
- Interactive graphs let you see how your state of mind has changed over time, and which factors have the biggest impact, such as exercise, sleep, and mindful time.
- A mental health assessment can help you understand your current risk of depression or anxiety and see if you are eligible for support.
- “Screen Distance” leverages the TrueDepth camera, also used in Face ID, to encourage you to look further away when looking at your device, reducing digital eye strain and reducing the risk of myopia in children.
- Enable Sensitive Content Warning to prevent users from unexpectedly seeing images containing nudity in Messages, AirDrop, Phone app contact posters, and FaceTime messages
- Communicate Safety extends protections for children to include images containing nudity that your child may send or receive in Messages, AirDrop, Contact Posters in the Phone app, FaceTime messages, and the system’s photo picker. In addition, video can also be detected
- Improved sharing permissions give you more control over what is shared with the app with an embedded photo picker and add-only “calendar” permissions
- Link Tracking Protection allows some websites to track users with the same URL on other websites from links shared in Messages, Mail, and Private Browsing in Safari, while still allowing the link to function. Remove redundant information used for
- Assistive access provides only essential app features for Phone & FaceTime, Messages, Camera, Photos, and Music, reducing cognitive load with larger text, visual alternatives, narrowed choices, and more
- With Live Speech, you can type what you want to say and have it read out loud on your phone, FaceTime calls, and in-person conversations.
- “Magnifier” detection mode “point-to-speech” reads out text on objects with small text display, such as door keypads and home appliance buttons, on iPhone
This release also includes the following features and improvements:
- “Pets” in the “People” album in “Photos” identifies pets in the album as well as friends and family
- “Photo Album” widget allows you to select a specific album from the Photos app to display in the widget
- With Find My Inventory Sharing, you can share your AirTags or Find My network accessories with up to 5 people.
- See recent history for door locks, garage doors, security systems, and contact sensors in Activity History on Home
- “Reminders” shopping list automatically groups related items into sections when you add items
- Embedded PDFs and scanned documents in Notes are displayed at the width of the screen, making it easy to view and annotate.
- New Memoji stickers on the keyboard include a smiling face with an angel halo, a grinning face, and a face peeking out between hands spread out in front of the face.
- When you search for an app using Spotlight, app shortcuts appear within the top hits to help you take the next action.
- The all-new Share tab in Fitness highlights your friends’ activities, including workout streaks and badges.
- You can sign in to your iPhone with the email address or phone number registered to your Apple ID account.
- Freeboard now includes new drawing tools such as fountain pens, watercolor brushes, and rulers for creating expressive boards.
- Optimized collision detection (iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Plus, iPhone 14 Pro, iPhone 14 Pro Max)
Some features may not be available depending on your region or Apple device. For more information, please visit the following website:
Some features may not be available depending on region or iPhone model. For security content of Apple software updates, please visit the following website:
iOS 17 supports iPhone XS/XS Max, iPhone XR, and later versions. Please note that iPhone X and iPhone 8/8 Plus, which were supported by iOS 16, will no longer be supported.
Summary of compatible devices for iOS 17. iPhone X and iPhone 8/8 Plus are no longer supported
▶︎ Reserve and purchase the latest iPhone from the official online shop below! Available 24 hours a day!
Apple, the Apple logo, Apple Pay, Apple Watch, FaceTime, GarageBand, HomePod, iMovie, iPad, iPhone, iPhoto, iSight, iTunes, and Retina are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
*The iPhone trademark is used under license from Aiphone Co., Ltd.
*App Store, AppleCare, and iCloud are service marks of Apple Inc.